Most of us know that coffee is grown in mountainous rainforest regions, the very habitat of many parrot species. In the past, coffee was grown in the shade of other rainforest trees. With increase in coffee consumption, farmers are began developing coffee plantations deforested areas for a higher yield. Coffee trees don't live as long in full sun, though, so old, unproductive trees must be thinned out. Old coffee wood, also known as Java wood, is recycled for use as bird perches, bird stands, and other bird supplies as well as furniture and other items. Java wood is perfectly safe for all pet birds.
Go With The Original Responsibly Harvested Java Wood: The Java Tree is a natural tree perch made from a single coffee tree of 25 to 35 years of age when the tree becomes non-productive. This responsible harvesting recycles old trees and does not hurt the environment and in addition provides a supplementary income where there was none previously for coffee farmers.
Since 2008, Java wood have practically taken over the bird stand and bird perch industry. Many people prefer them over USA grown manzanita because java wood makes the most sturdy multi-branched bird stands and bird perches available.
In the journey to becoming a complementary piece for your companion, less then 1% of the trees are suitable for sale. To Amplify and express the natural beakery and provide a safe enrichment treat for your bird the finished perch becomes a beautiful addition to your home and most importantly, practical and fun for your bird and other creatures.
What so special about Java wood for parrots?
• Java wood is a very hardwood withstanding even large parrot use over time.
• Java wood branches naturally grow horizontally with considerable twists and variable diameters. No other bird safe hard wood grows in such bird friendly configurations.
• The perfect bird stand to bring a little taste of the Jungle to your feathered friend(s).
• The Java Wood Tree play stand provides your bird plenty of room to explore and flap its wings
• Java Wood Trees are made from non-productive coffee trees using natural, renewable, recycled and earth-friendly materials.
• Java Wood Trees are mounted on a beautifully finished base. Each is one-of-a-kind and combines the best of mother nature and fine craftsmanship.
• Java wood is extremely hard and durable and naturally insect free
• This java wood parrot play stand is a life time investment because java wood is virtually indestructible. It's also gorgeous
• You can jazz this play stand up in so many ways. For some awesome chewing opportunities for your bird, wire on a living branch of a non-toxic tree. There's no end to the foraging ideas you'll come up with for your conure or cockatiel parrot.The smooth wood is warm and comfy for their feet, plus it exercises their feet with the various diameters too.If you've been looking for a wooden perch play stand your parrot can't destroy in a week or so, this is your stand.
Small Java Wood Trees are great for Cockatiel and Conure size birds.
Medium Java Wood Trees are great for African Grey and Amazon size birds.
Large Java Wood Trees are great for Cockatoo and Macaw size birds.
Java Wood Play Stand Features:
• Java wood tree
• Base is constructed with quality Kamper wood from Kalimantan
• Space between branches help provide freedom for your bird to flap their wings
• A design of nature and of skilled craftmenship.
• Feeding bowls made of hard resin and designed to look natural with the Java Tree